Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.
Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

As Seth Godin says... My sentences, my paragraphs and my chapters

Yesterday I read a brilliant post by Seth Godin, brilliant as always.

It's laughably easy to find someone to critique a sentence, to find a missing apostrophe or worry about your noun-verb agreement.
Sometimes, you're lucky enough to find someone who can tell you that a paragraph is dull, or out of place.

But finding people to rearrange the chapters, to criticize the very arc of what you're building, to give you substantive feedback on your strategy--that's insanely valuable and rare.
Perhaps one criticism in a hundred is actually a useful and generous contribution in your quest to reorganize things for the better.
[And for those in need of subtitles, this isn't a post about your next novel. It's about your business, your career and your life.]
Four people tell you that there was a typo on the third slide in your presentation. A generous and useful editor (hard to call them a consultant), though, points out that you shouldn't be doing presentations at all, and your time would be better spent meeting in small groups with your best clients.

Why I'm posting it? Not just because I'm an editor and a proofreader, but above all because I'm changing my life and today I'm changing my life more then ever.
If you can tell me something useful about my life, than I'm here to listen to you. If you just want to tell me I'm not typing properly... that's ok and probably it's also true, but I'm not that intersted, thanks.

Further information:
Sentences, paragraphs and chapters