Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.
Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Vegan books wishlist... #8. For beginners

The most difficult part of beeing Vegan is not to be a Vegan.
On the contrary. The most difficult part, and for me the only difficult part of beeing Vegan, is that a Vegan has to live in a world that is not veg-friendly at all. With people who think that is normal to ask you aggressive and intrusive questions about your eating habits - even if you don't say nothing about their (for you repulsive) eating habits - or to psychanalize you and so on.

Even more difficult, a Vegan must discover and learn how to interact with people who are not Vegans and who think that, if you're Vegan, you're stupid or phony or phanatic or something else... just choose your favourite insult to complete this sentence.
My favourite insult is 'orthorexic'. When someone simply doesn't know how to deal with me, then... obviously I'm a dumb orthorexic!?

Or, even worse, these people strongly believe they must save you, 'convert' you and show you the right way to live your life. It happened to me several times, especially in Italy. But not only in Italy.
Two books to know something more about this!

Animal Ingredients A to Z: Third Edition (Paperback)
cured by EG Smith Collective; with an Introduction by Carol Adams
Third Edition
AK Press, 2004
100 pp., ISBN 978-1902593814

Vegan Freak: Being Vegan in a Non-Vegan World (Paperback)
by Bob Torres, Jenna Torres
Second Edition
PM Press, 2010
196 pp., ISBN 978-1604860153

Something more about the orthorexia nervosa here.


No comments:

Post a Comment