Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.

Purple Pageviews


Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fear of Flying? No, thanks! #1.

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.
Erica Jong [born Erica Mann]

Lately I've thought often - everyday?! - to be in a very dark place, without ways out. To be stuck, frozen, jammed, wedged, immobilized, trapped, paralyzed... choose your favourite adjective.

Suddenly, I'm moving on again. Maybe I don't have talent at all. Maybe I'm moving toward a place even more dark and frightening but, hey! I'm moving on again. I'm very happy.

ps. I truly admire Erica Jong. We'll speak about her again in the future.

Update: I've just read this post written by Holly Jackson and I think it's a perfect example of what I'm doing with this blog, or to put it better, an example of what I think is very important for me to do.
I'm scared every day, I'm scared by writing every post, because I know my English is not perfect. But I'm learning how to live with my fear of rejection (and of English grammar, too). And I keep writing.

2 comments: