Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.

Purple Pageviews


Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mood: Deeper Underground

[U2 Bismarckstraße
U-Bahn station in Berlin]

People who don't take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year. People who do take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year.
Peter Ferdinand Drucker [1909-2005]

After three weeks of non-stop working 10/12 hours a day... I'm a little bit more relaxed today. I'm tired but also very happy. Why? And why this quote today?
I've choosen this quote by 'management guru and social ecologist' Peter F. Drucker because I'm taking big risks and obviously I'm making mistakes too. But I'm trying to do something big and making some mistake is 'part of the game'. I'm seeing results and this can repay me for my hard work, for my risks and for my mistakes.

It's something like this huge purple flower on U2 subway station in Berlin: something wonderful but not so easy to find. It's necessary to travel a lot and to leave surface by going deeper and deeper, to be able to see it.

Another very brilliant quote by Peter F. Drucker says:

The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't said.

I'm starting to hear it. I'm not good enough, but I improve myself every day. I have a long way to go but today I can feel that I've choosen the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment