Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.

Purple Pageviews


Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Simon Bunker tells you something about some of the best books for Bloggers

Until a couple of years ago, it was absolutely difficult to find a good book about Blogging translated in Italian. And it was more difficult to find a good book about Blogging well translated in Italian. It was not so obvious that a good book about Blogging will be translated in Italian at all. So... I've started to read books for Bloggers in English.

Problem solved? Not always. Most of the time, reading books in English means to be prepared to buy them on Internet, to pay sometimes a lot because of shipping costs and to wait weeks before to get your new book.
How do you know which book worth it? It's always possible to know that in advance? Maybe 'always' is not possible, but it's possible to read opinions, comments, reviews, blog posts and so on and to put your trust in someone else's experience.

Even if it's not so difficult any longer to get books in English for me, I'm always glad to read a good review. Here you can find a very interesting post about some of the best books for Bloggers, written by Simon Bunker. Enjoy!

ps. Thanks to this post, I have a new title in my wishlist on aNobii:

On Writing Well, 30th Anniversary Edition: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction (Paperback)
by William Knowlton Zinsser
30th Anniversary Edition
Harper Paperbacks, 2006
336 pp., ISBN 978-0060891541

2 comments:

  1. Hi Azzurra,
    This is Pam from The WM Freelance Connection. I like your blog! It's interesting. I read this book - 'On Writing Well' - a long time ago. It's a good one - and considered a classic. A few other classic writing books include 'Wild Mind' and 'Writing Down the Bones' by Natalie Goldberg, and 'Bird by Bird' by Anne Lamott. I like that there are books for bloggers now - I'll have to check those out. If you want to check my blog out, it's there in my Blogger profile. I really consider it a place to deposit ideas for longer pieces I can write later on. Not blog pieces, but longer story-essay type pieces. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam,
    thanks for your visit and for your advices!

    I'll definitely check your blog.
    Good luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete