Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, body art, dancing, self-empowerment, coaching, effective communication and, last but not least, vegan gluten-free food and good movies.

How about you?
Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Mood: My bridge between the present and the past

[Berlin, Oberbaumbr├╝cke links Friedrichshain and Kreuzberg]

People may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do.
Lewis Cass [1782-1866]

I don't like very much Lewis Cass' legacy but this quote sounds quite refreshing to me. It means for me 'people could talk about what you say, they could talk about what you dream of, as well. But in the end, only what you do really matters'.

I'm doing something inconceivable for the big majority of people I know and, to be honest, also for the big majority of people I don't know. Choosing a new life, a new career, a new country, a new language without having safety, an 'emercency exit' and so on is a very disturbing and disquieting thought. But it's also very stimulating and exciting: so many occasions, so many possibilities, so many doors to open!

Thanks for this quote, Mr. Cass.