Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.
Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mood: To quit is not even a question

[Purple-Orange Seagull Sunset
Image source: RedBubble]

A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit.
Richard David Bach

It's not possible to be absolutey sure about it, of course, but probably I'm the only one who doesn't love Richard Bach's 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'. That doesn't really matter today because I find this quote so amazing and powerful. Why? Maybe because I can easily apply it to virtually almost every workplace, almost every career, almost every dream, almost every project, almost... I think you have got the point.

It seems so easy and comfortable to abandon a project or even worse a dream when facing with the first difficulties or problems. It seems to be the safest and easiest choice, but personally I think it's the worst choice someone could do.

Stubbornness neither myopia are motivating me, but the strong belief that if you want something you must be prepared to fight for it. I know what I want and I know that I have to fight very hard to have it. I want to learn German and I'm struggling to learn. Sometimes I can see myself improving my German skills, I can see results, I can see something that helps me to fight more and more. But very often I'm not satisfied or I've the impression that I'm not learning as fast as I would.

This unpleasant impression, far from discouraging me or suggesting me to forget German, is on the contrary something that really helps me, by giving to me just another reason to fight harder. And harder. And harder.

And you? What do you want to do or to become? Are you fighting for it?

Previous posts:
Rebirth
On Air: 'Take It to the Limit'