Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.
Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Do you have a time limit about texting?

[Definitely not my style, but the most purple phone I've seen lately:
Bratz Luscious Lip Phone]

Generalizing is very dangerous, of course. I could say that generalizing is always dangerous but I will not, because it could be already a generalization... and you got the point anyway.

But, at least in my humble opinion, if you send a text message and do not receive a response within twenty minutes is very likely that you will not receive a response at all. Never. Never ever. Never ever ever. And you got the point again.

Because we're not talking about twenty minutes, of course. We're talking about no response. At all. Nada. Nichts. Niente. Rien de rien.

Now, if you're like me, for you this means that the person does not care to answer. If it's a bad day for you (or just for me?), this can also mean that the person is not interested in you. And I'm not talking about some big relationship. Maybe you sent a text message to a colleague or an acquaintance, just to ask something very 'normal'.

Now the question is: Can I find really interesting a person so cold and rude who doesn't care at least to reply? And you? What's your time limit about texting?