Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.

Purple Pageviews


Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

In French, s'il vous plaît #6.

[François de La Rochefoucauld]

Dans toutes les professions chacun affecte une mine et un extérieur pour paraître ce qu'il veut qu'on le croie. Ainsi on peut dire que le monde n'est composé que de mines.
(In all professions, each affects a part and an appearance to make him seem as he would wish to be believed. And so it is that one can say that the world is made only of appearances)
François VI, Duc de La Rochefoucauld, Prince de Marcillac
[1613-1680]
Réflexions ou sentences et maximes morales

I am a freelancer. This means to me that my profession and myself tend to coincide almost inextricably. The skills that I consider important in my work are accuracy, timeliness, reliability, originality and creativity. Are the same skills that I consider important as an individual.

I am not my profession, of course. But my profession helps to define who I am, because my job means a lot to me. We talk more often to follow our passion in the workplace, but would it not be better put into practice in the workplace the skills that we feel are important in everyday life?
And vice versa, of course.

The impression that I convey in my profession is very important. How do I appear is absolutely important. It is equally important in my life? Am I equally careful?

And you?
Do you devote the same attention to how you look in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment