Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.
Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Thanks to SmartBrief, a good/bad news about the celiac disease

[Vintage ad for Kellogg's corn flakes]

Thanks to SmartBrief, it's very easy to find useful information about a subject you're interested in or about a specific content. I like to know what's new about the celiac disease and food allergies and today I read this abstract:

A study found traces of gluten in flours and grains that are supposed to be naturally gluten-free, such as oats and rice, probably from being grown or processed near grains that do contain gluten, the researchers said. Manufacturers should test grains and flours to ensure they are truly gluten-free, researchers and experts said.

Here you can read the whole article written by Genevra Pittman, "Gluten-free" foods may be contaminated: study.

The good news is that this study could explain why I'm sick even eating gluten-free foods. The bad news is that this means I have to pay even more attention what I'm eating. And this is definitely a very bad news for me.

Are you already a SmartBrief subscriber? For what kind of content?

Previous post:
Books about Celiac disease #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment