Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.
Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Celebrating 2010 Feat. Henry Ford and his wisdom

[A beautiful portrait of Henry Ford]

2010 was a tough year: adventurous, beautiful, difficult and unique. I chose to greet it and to celebrate it with a bunch of quotes from Henry Ford, because they speak about experience, failure, learning and success.


This year I cried, laughed, lived, loved, suffered, learned. And failed. 
Failed a lot of times, almost every day. Every day, actually. And every day I learned something new, sometimes useful, sometimes not. 

But for sure, I'm not the same person I was a year ago. It's up to me to make this 'pure' fact an achievement and not just a naught.

Are you ready? Here we go!

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.

Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger, even though sometimes it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.

I have three different versions of my favourite one. Please let me know which one you prefer.

It’s your thinking that decides whether you´re going to succeed or fail.
Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right.

Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right.

Henry Ford [1863-1947]

Goodbye, 2010.

Previous posts:
Mood: GBGH aka 'Go Big or Go Home'

I'm mad about Mark Twain #3.

Mood: Like in a day-dream


Tags: Henry Ford, Failure, Learning, Success, Experience, People, Quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment