Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.
Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Starting a brand new year, just today

[Image source: Freelance-Zone.com]

Although many people do not like New Year's resolutions, I think they can be a good way to stay focused and set goals.
This is only a matter of perspective. Saying that you want to lose weight or stop smoking is of little value, but setting a goal and writing down exactly what you want to do in a year to realize it is very useful and can give you a very strong motivation not to give up as the first problems show up.

It's not really so important to start with the New Year's resolutions on January, 1st. The only important thing is to set targets or new habits and strive constantly by working hard to get what you want. To achieve something you think you really deserve.

My new year starts today. In my new year I want to improve my German and to learn new English words. I just subscribed the Merriam-Webster's Learner's Word of the Day free newsletter, to get every day a new word.

Other goals are:
- moving in a new apartment;
- taking a German Exam;
- taking an English Exam;
- getting a new professional website;
- posting at least once a week, no matter what.

Will I get everything I want? I do not know, but for sure I will work hard to succeed.
What about you?

2 comments: