Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.
Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

What kind of observer's point are you choosing for yourself?

A quote I know only in Italian says 'È strano come una discesa, vista dal basso, somigli tanto a una salita'. In English it could sound like 'It's very strange how a fall, seen from below, looks so similar to a rise'.

[A rise or a fall?
Image source: Mike Putnam Photography]

I've always loved and found it very useful, because it helps me every day to remember that often in life, a situation, a job or a relationship has no unique "meaning" and the way we see it depends on the observer's point we choose for us. Even if we don't know we're choosing one.

I am convinced that we can apply the same concept to people. What do I mean?
Often in the past I thought I was 'too much' [impulsive, spontaneous, outgoing, perfectionist, talkative, demanding, even Italian... put your favourite adjective here] for the people, but over the years I learned that sometimes people are simply "not enough" for me.

What's your observer's point?