Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.
Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mood: Closing Time

Sometimes is very hard to say goodbye. 
Goodbye to someone, goodbye to something... goodbye to a job, to a place, to a habit. 
Goodbye to a time. Goodbye to the old-you and welcome to the new-you.


But, for the same reason, if you find it so hard to do, it's because most of the times you really have to do it. You have no choice, no alternative, no time to lose any longer. You deserve something different and you have to accept it.
It hurts, most of the times, if not always. But you have to. Anyway.

You could ask me, of course, how you can be sure if 'this' time is one of the 'those' times and not just a bad day. And, of course, I could answer that I have no idea. Every person should understand it by herself. Every person should have a personal 'way' to find it out.

Closing time
Time for you to go back to the places you will be from
Closing time
This room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits
I hope you have found a friend
Closing time
Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end


Semisonic, Closing Time
(Feeling Strangely Fine, 1998)

For me today it's one of 'those' times and I have to say goodbye to a time of my life it's not any longer the right one. I chose a song very important for me.

Not just because it's a beautiful one and it means a lot to me, but also because, hey!, every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end and every new Hallo comes from some Goodbye.
And to say Hallo! is always an adventure.

So, Goodbye. And Hallo!

Previous post:
On Air: Maybe Tomorrow

Tags: Saying Goodbye, Beginning, End, Closing Time, Semisonic, Music, Lyrics

2 comments:

  1. Dopo questo post, credevo saresti passata al giallo canarino... e invece no, è sempre tutto viola. Quindi? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quindi non si tratta di cambiamenti esteriori ma interiori...
    Scusami ma non avevo ricevuto la notifica del tuo commento!

    ReplyDelete