Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.
Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mood: Closing Time [Reprise], Feat. Lisbeth Salander

[Rooney Mara will be the new Lisbeth Salander
in the Hollywood version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo]

This was only the first day of the rest of her life.
Stieg Larsson, The Girl who Kicked the Hornets' Nest
translated from the Swedish by Reg Keeland, p.688

Only 40 pages left and... I'll finish to read "The Girl who Kicked the Hornets' Nest", at last. I've tried to read it just... six times so far?! I thought I would never be able to finish it but today is without any doubt the perfect day to finish it, because it's also the first day of the rest of my life.

Sometimes you just realize it: you realize that something belongs to the past and you can go further with your life. At last.
It's closing time, again. And something new is already waiting for you. For me.

ps. I'm going to read again the Millennium trilogy, by the way. But in German, this time.

--

Quello era soltanto il primo giorno del resto della sua vita..
Stieg Larsson, La regina dei castelli di carta
tradotto da Carmen Giorgetti Cima, p.796

Sono rimaste solo più 40 pagine... e avrò finalmente finito di leggere "La regina dei castelli di carta". In fondo ho provato a leggerlo solo... sei volte, finora?! Ero convinta che non sarei mai stata capace di leggere il libro fino alla fine ma oggi è senza ombra di dubbio il giorno perfetto per finirlo, dato che è anche il primo giorno del resto della mia vita.

A volte capita semplicemente di rendersene conto: rendersi conto che qualcosa appartiene al passato e che si può andare avanti con la propria vita. Finalmente.
It's closing time, again. E qualcosa di nuovo vi sta già aspettando. Mi sta già aspettando.

ps. Ho deciso di rileggere la trilogia di Millennium, in ogni caso. Ma stavolta in tedesco.

Tags: Stieg Larsson, The Girl who Kicked the Hornets' Nest, Lisbeth Salander, Literature, Sweden, Quotes, La regina dei castelli di carta, Letteratura, Svezia, Citazioni