Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.

Purple Pageviews


Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Mood: Ich will in deine tiefen Wasser / Große Wellen schlagen


Instead of reading again 'Millennium', this time in German, I'm reading a couple of German books by Daniel Glattauer that I find simply magic. The first one, 'Gut gegen Nordwind', was just the perfect book for me, with this unusual love story without love and, well, without sex and even without contact between the main characters.

I found it absolutely beautiful and I discover that, yeah!, I can read in German not only because I have to, but also because I want. And I do want it.

Gut gegen Nordwind (Paperback)
by Daniel Glattauer
Wilhelm Goldmann Verlag, 2008
224 pp., ISBN 978-3442465866

I'm reading the second book now, 'Alle sieben Wellen'. And it's still magic.

8.) Wo waren wir? Ach ja, beim 'Ende', warum ich mich nicht an 'Ende' halte, wenn ich 'Ende' sage: Weil ich manche Dinge heute ein bisschen anders sehe als vor sechzehn Wochen, weniger endgültig.
9.) Weil eben Ende nicht gleich Ende nicht gleich Ende nicht gleich Ende ist, Leo. Weil jedes Ende letzten Endes auch ein Anfang ist.
Daniel Glattauer, Alle sieben Wellen
p.94

Weil ich deine vorletzte Frage beantworten muss. Weil das Spiel so geht. Weil ich nicht knapp vor dem Ende aufgebe. Weil ich nie aufgebe. Weil ich nicht verlieren kann. Weil ich nicht verlieren will. Weil ich dich nicht verlieren will.

Daniel Glattauer, Alle sieben Wellen
p.137
ps. I have to say thanks to T., for the books.

Previous posts:
My first book in German
Mood: Closing Time [Reprise]

No comments:

Post a Comment