Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.

Purple Pageviews


Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

LinkedIn has a new basic feature: welcome, LinkedIn Notifications!


I am not on Facebook. Yes, you read it: I am not on Facebook. 
On the other hand, I adore LinkedIn and I am quite addicted to it.

A couple of days ago I noticed that LinkedIn has changed the navigation bar on the top of the website, where you can see which kind of account you have and how many messages you have to read, but I didn´t pay much attention to the flag near the "mail" icon.

Today I explored it and I discovered the function "Notifications": if someone likes one of your comments in a group thread, you get now a notification. If someone likes one of your posting in the LinkedIn stream of news, you get a notification as well. If someone comments in a group thread you are following, guess what? You get a notification. 

I find this function really useful, since otherwise you need to check in your e-mail and dive among a lot of messages for following a discussion or a thread and it´s not always possible to notice if someone likes your comments or your postings too. In this way it´s even easier to get a feedback, to improve the communication flow, to stay up to date about a thread and to stay in touch with your LinkedIn connections.

I will become even more addicted to LinkedIn, after all.
Are you already on LinkedIn? Do you use it on a daily or weekly basis?
Do you find this new function a good fit for your needs?

Tag: LinkedIn, Business, Social network, Online Communities, LinkedIn Notification

No comments:

Post a Comment