Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.
Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Open letter to you, in the middle of the night

But I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

I know I left too much mess and destruction
To come back again
And I caused nothing but trouble
I understand if you can't talk to me again


Dido, White Flag
(Life for Rent, 2003)

Sometimes I wonder if writers become writers because it is easier to write down emotions instead of talking about them. If they start to write because they would have something to say and they just don't know how. If they write something down while hoping while doing so to reach exactly that special person they would love to talk to, and yet the person is gone. Away. Vanished. Bye bye and all the like.


So tonight I am here and I am wondering if maybe it would be better to just write down what I think, even if I am not going to actually reach you. But since tonight I am thinking about you, this one is for you. Yes, exactly for you. You know that I am talking to you.
Yes, exactly. You.

Sometimes it would be great if everything in life should go like one wants. And yet accidents happen, things happen, shit happens and sometimes we lose someone, even if we would prefer to keep having that person in our life for ever.

But in another life, I would be your girl
We keep all our promises, be us against the world
In another life, I would make you stay
So I don't have to say you were the one that got away
The one that got away


Katy Perry, The One That Got Away 
(Teenage Dream, 2010)

[Image source: Mimi and Eunice.Com]

Sorry for all bad things I said. I didn't mean it.
Sorry for the times I was pushy. I was afraid to lose you.
Sorry for the times I was rude. I didn't know how to do it otherwise.
Sorry for the times I was demanding. I needed help.
Sorry for the times I had expectations on you. I was wrong.

No matter where in the world you are right now and what are you doing, I just want to apologize.
Please accept my sincere apologies, and take care.

Tags: Emotions, Love, Relationships, Apology, Sorry, Lyrics