Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.

Purple Pageviews


Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A new project for 2015: 52 audio books by the end of the year

Audio books are a great tool while learning a new language or improving a foreign language one already knows. 

When I started to learn German, about five years ago, I heard the same audio book over and over again. 
It was, of course, The little Prince. At the beginning I was not able to understand a single word, but since I knew the story by heart, I was confident that very soon I would have been able to understand some words, and then even more words, and then whole sentences, etc.
I was right. I heard the audio book at least fifty times, for weeks. And in the end I was able to understand half of the story. A big improvement, in just some weeks. I was incredibly happy, and proud of what I did.

Audio books are also perfect for learning other stuff, for getting focused on self-improvement, for optimizing the commuting time, for listening to something interesting and inspiring while taking a walk, using the public transportation or working out at the gym.

This year I decided to hear a new audio book each week, so it makes 52 audio books by the end of the year. I will share my progress with you. And I would love to discover which audio book is your favourite one, so please feel free to let me know in the comments.

[Sarah Michelle Gellar and Jonathan Tucker in
Veronika Decides to Die (2009) by Emily Young]

#1.
Title - Veronika beschließt zu sterben
Language - German 
Read by - Ursula Illert

Original title - Veronika decide morrer
English title - Veronika Decides to Die
Author - Paulo Coelho

Tags: Audio books, Learning a foreign language, Self-improvement

Previous post:

No comments:

Post a Comment