Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.

Purple Pageviews


Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mood: Remembering Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Antoine de Saint-Exupéry and the Little Prince
Statue by Christiane Guillaumet, Place Bellecour in Lyon]

As you already know, 'The Petit Prince' is my favourite book. After celebrating Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's birth, today we're talking about this death.

On July 31st, 1944, the French writer Antoine de Saint-Exupéry left the military base in Naples to carry out a mission in solo flight. He's disappeared with his own plane and his last message was a radio silence. Just after almost sixty years, in 2003, the remains of the aircraft were found.

I'm listening to 'Someone' by Tammany Hall NYC and I'm thinking about how much 'The Petit Prince' inspires me, year after year. Even if Saint-Exupéry could write just one book, and it did not happen, it would be worth remembering him and his work.

Do you agree with me?

Previous post:

No comments:

Post a Comment