Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

From Tesla with love: Jane Brox's book about artificial light

A friend of mine suggested me a new book that I immediately put on my wishlist:

Brilliant: The Evolution of Artificial Light (Hardcover)
by Jane Brox
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2010
368 pp., ISBN 978-0547055275

If you want to know something more about electricity, artificial light, home lighting, Thomas Alva Edison and Nikola Tesla, it's the book for you.
I consider Tesla a really incredible 'character'. If you haven't already done so, watch The Prestige by Christopher Nolan! It's a great movie and Tesla is played by David Bowie.

[The Prestige]

Thanks, Faith!

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!