Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.

Purple Pageviews


Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

From Tesla with love: Jane Brox's book about artificial light

A friend of mine suggests me a new book for my wishlist and I want to do the same with you:

Brilliant: The Evolution of Artificial Light (Hardcover)
by Jane Brox
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2010
368 pp., ISBN 978-0547055275

If you want to know something more about electricity, artificial light, home lighting, Thomas Alva Edison and Nikola Tesla, it's the book for you.
I consider Tesla a really incredible 'character'. If you haven't already done so, watch The Prestige by Christopher Nolan! It's a great movie and Tesla is played by David Bowie.

[The Prestige]

Further information:
The Jane Brox's official website

Thanks, Faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment