Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Monday, September 13, 2010

My first book in German: "Der Geschmack von Apfelkernen"

I'm reading my first book in German, for my new German class: 'Der Geschmack von Apfelkernen' (lit. 'The taste of apple kernels'), a big bestseller in Germany.



Der Geschmack von Apfelkernen (Paperback)
by Katharina Hagena
Kiepenheuer & Witsch, 2009
254 pp., ISBN 978-3462041491

I already read 'Der kleine Prinz' (engl. titl. 'The Little Prince') in German, but it 'doesn't matter', even if it's my favorite book.
To put it better, I already read 'The Little Prince' in Italian, English, and French so many times, so it doesn't matter because I know the text very well and reading a book I know so well it's obviously not as difficult as a book never read before.

I started today.
Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed for me.

Tags: Der Geschmack von Apfelkernen, Katharina Hagena, Literature, Learning German, Learning a language

Further information:
The Katharina Hagena's official website [in German]

What to read next:
A wonderful Google Doodle celebrates Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's 110th birth anniversary

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!