Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Collecting "Le petit Prince" - Why collecting the book is like a big, wonderful game

As already said in this post, I collect different editions, languages, and versions of "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry since 2006. Even if it is my favorite book since I was 15 years old, it all has begun fortuitously, as a mere serendipitous accident, but over the years collecting the book has become really important to me.

The book, voted in 1999 among the first five most important books of the 20th century by "Le Monde", has been published in over 250 languages and dialects and it is also available as an audiobook, graphic novel, and in Braille.

[My collection of The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry: 
over 80 books in more than 30 languages]

It would be easy to check eBay etc. in order to find all the languages at once and to buy them in two or three "shopping rushes".
It is of course way more exciting to look for the book in shops and flea markets, to check in new places if I am on holiday somewhere, to ask friends and colleagues to bring back a copy of the book for me if they are planning to visit an exotic location, to find an old copy thanks to serendipity or to get a used one from someone I met.
It is something very different and more personal, for me, and I love to wait for it and I also love to not know how I am going to find the next piece of my "treasure". It is already waiting for me, somewhere...

So, thanks, thanks and thanks to Adiacente, Adrià, Alessandra, Andrea, Angela, Benoît, Chiara, Claire, Claudio, Cristina, Danila, Dima, Dirk, Egon, Ellen, Fra, Giacomo, Giorgio, Giuliano, Inma, Jacopo, Jari, Julia, Luca, Maddy, Maria, Marilena, Marisa, Oleksandra, Roman, Rossana, Sonia, Stefan, Stephan, Tina, Verena, Vittorio, Wolmar and Yitian! Thanks for your help!

Next week I will publish two posts: in the first one, you will find all my 'Little Princes', in the second one you will find all the languages I don't have (yet!). Stay tuned!

Tags: Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Le petit Prince, The Little Prince, Literature, Book collection, Collecting

What to read next:
Collecting "Le petit Prince" - The books, dialects, and languages that are already part of my collection
Collecting "Le petit Prince" - The books, dialects, and languages that are not part of my collection yet (Á-H)
Collecting "Le petit Prince" - The books, dialects, and languages that are not part of my collection yet (I-Z) 

You could also enjoy:
A wonderful Google Doodle celebrates Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!