Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.

Purple Pageviews


Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rebel Without a Cause #1. Albert Camus

Qu'est-ce qu'un homme révolté? Un homme qui dit non.
(What is a rebel? A man who says no)
Albert Camus [1913-1960]
L'Homme révolté


On LinkedIn I'm having a really interesting and proactive discussion about sustainability and I've decided to share with you one of my comments.
Why? Because I agree with this beautiful quotation from Camus and because I say 'no'. Very often. Every day. Everywhere. To everyone. No matter what. When I think that something is wrong, I simply say 'no'. Without fear. Life is too short.

I badly believe in boycotting and in ethical consumerism. I'm Vegan. I don't have a car or a television. I boycott Corporations. I have a bank account in an ethical bank. I renew, recycle, reuse. I don't take medicines. And so on.
I think that I have a very big power because I can choose how to invest and manage my money and that I can choose to spend less, to waste less, to pollute less, to not support 'mainstream' systems.
To share with people what I know and what I believe. To try to change the world around me. To search for other people who share my ideas and to do something practical with these people to change what I believe is wrong.


And now I add 'Because I say 'no' when I feel it'.

No comments:

Post a Comment