Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rebel Without a Cause #1. Albert Camus

How easily can you say no?
How would you describe a rebel? (A real one)

On LinkedIn, I'm having a really interesting and proactive discussion about sustainability and I've decided to share with you one of my comments.

Qu'est-ce qu'un homme révolté? Un homme qui dit non.
(What is a rebel? A man who says no)
Albert Camus [1913-1960]
L'Homme révolté



Why? Because I agree with this beautiful quote from Camus and because I say 'no'. Very often. Every day. Everywhere. To everyone. No matter what. When I think that something is wrong, I simply say 'no'. Without fear. Life is too short.

I badly believe in boycotting and in ethical consumerism. I live as a vegan. I don't have a car or a television. I boycott corporations. I have a bank account in an ethical bank. I renew, recycle, reuse. I don't take medicines. And so on.
I think that I have a very big power because I can choose how to invest and manage my money and that I can choose to spend less, to waste less, to pollute less, to not support 'mainstream' systems.
To share with people what I know and what I believe in. To try to change the world around me. To search for other people who share my ideas and to do something practical with those people, in order to change what I believe is wrong.


And now, thanks to Camus, I can add: "Because I say 'no' when I feel it".

Tags: Being a rebel, Critical thinking, Camus, Quotes

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!