Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Would you read over 10.000 e-mails? I will.

We can say that I has been really busy in the last three years.
So busy, that I have over 10.000 e-mails in my inbox at the moment, because I had no time to check my e-mail on a regular basis for months.

Yes, exactly: over 10.000. Waiting to be read. Waiting for me.
They were 10.360 one week ago. 
They were 10.260 three days ago.
They were 10.230 this morning.
They are 10.195 right now.


What happened? And what's my point?
My point is that I spent three years by telling myself that I was very busy and I let my e-mail becoming bigger than life and I just didn't care, because I thought that it was actually impossible to "save" the situation somehow, even when the e-mails waiting to be read were "only" 6.000.

But if you want something, you can do it.
So a couple of weeks ago I decided to clean up my inbox and I am working on it. A little bit every day. 
A little bit in the morning. A little bit in the evening. A little bit when I have time. No matter what. 

It's my new goal, among others.
I know that I can't hope for a magical clean up. I know that I need time. But this is not bad, after all.

Why? Because it matters to me and I want to make it happen. And I am ready to spend time and energy to achieve it, instead of turning my head by trying to forget the problem.
So I am working on it and I won't give up, this time.

Do you have something that you would like to make happen?
Are you working on it, a little bit every day?
Do you think that showing resolve is a good thing?

ps. I will keep you posted about my progress.

--

Potrei dire che negli ultimi tre anni sono stata davvero molto occupata. Così occupata che ci sono oltre 10.000 e-mails nella mia posta in entrata proprio adesso, dato che non ho avuto modo di controllare la mia posta elettronica con regolarità per mesi.

Esatto: stiamo parlando di oltre 10.000 e-mails. Che aspettano di essere lette. Da me.
Erano 10.360 una settimana fa.
Erano 10.260 tre giorni fa.
Erano 10.230 stamattina.
Sono 10.195 proprio adesso.

Che cosa sta succedendo? E qual è il punto di questo post?
Il punto è che ho speso tre anni della mia vita a dirmi che ero davvero molto occupata, lasciando che la mia posta in entrata raggiungesse livelli incredibili. Non me ne importava, perché ero convinta che fosse impossibile "salvare" la situazione in qualche modo, persino quando le e-mail da leggere erano "solo" 6.000.

Ma sono fermamente convinta che se desideri qualcosa, dipenda da te ottenerlo o meno.
Così un paio di settimane fa ho deciso di dare una ripulita alla mia posta in entrata e ci sto lavorando. Un po' di lavoro ogni giorno.
Un po' ogni mattina. Un po' ogni pomeriggio. Un po' quando ho tempo. Senza scuse.

Si tratta di uno dei miei nuovi obiettivi
So di non poter sperare in una magia e so di aver bisogno di tempo. Ma non è un grosso problema, in fondo.

Perché? Perché si tratta di un risultato che ritengo importante per me e ho deciso di ottenerlo. E sono pronta a investire tempo ed energia per questo, invece di girare la testa dall'altra parte facendo finta di dimenticarmi del problema.
Ci sto lavorando su e stavolta non getterò la spugna.

Avete un obiettivo che vi piacerebbe realizzare?
Ci state lavorando su, ogni giorno?
Pensate che dare prova di risolutezza sia una cosa positiva?

ps. Vi terrò aggiornati sui miei progressi.

Tags: E-Mail, Goal, Inbox, Posta in entrata, Obiettivo, Risultato