Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo

I am a localization manager/translator and intercultural consultant living in Berlin (Germany), passionate about languages, cultures, diversity management, dancing and good movies.  

Interested in intercultural communication and/or diversity management? In the mood for a Tandem-partner or looking for someone willing to learn Spanish with you? Desperately seeking an enthusiastic dance partner for salsa, bachata, swing or charleston?
Hoping to find a blogging buddy willing to inspire and motivate you?

Just drop me a line for a coffee. I am always thankful for the chance to get to know interesting and fascinating people like you.
Copyright Azzurra Camoglio. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Friday, December 28, 2012

LinkedIn, a powerful network and my top five of actors and actresses from the classical Hollywood

I consider LinkedIn a very useful tool and a great chance for meeting interesting and talented professionals. 
When I get a LinkedIn invitation, I see the invitation itself as a very important part of finding a personal way to stay in touch with my connections and getting to know them better.
I don´t collect connections, I create a powerful network including people from all around the world instead.

Just yesterday I found out that one of my new connections and I share the same passion for old movies, for example, and we exchanged opinions about quotes, movies and actors in a very pleasant way.

And then I got one of the most difficult questions that someone fond of movies can get: Who is my favourite actor and who is my favourite actress? Since I know that it is not possible for me to reply to this question, I decided to change it a little and I made a list of five actors and five actresses who I admired in classical Hollywood movies from the past.
I am talking about actors and not about film stars, otherwise the list would be different once again. And yet it´s difficult for me to choose only five names and I had to "forget" a lot of actors which I really love.

Here´s my list, anyway:


Actors: 
#1. Paul Newman 
#2. Marlon Brando 
#3. Al Pacino 
#4. Michael Caine 
#5. James Stewart 



Actresses: 
#1. Marlene Dietrich 
#2. Katharine Hepburn 
#3. Lillian Gish 
#4. Shirley MacLaine 
#5. Audrey Hepburn 

Do you have a top five of your favourite actors and/or actresses from the past?

--
Ich betrachte LinkedIn als sehr nützliches Werkzeug und als großartige Chance, um interessante und talentierte Profis kennen zu lernen. Wenn ich eine LinkedIn Einladung erhalte, halte ich es für eine gute Idee eine personalisierte Weise zu finden, mit den neuen "Connections" im Kontakt zu bleiben und sie besser kennen zu lernen.
Ich sammle aber "Connections" nicht, sondern erstelle ich ein starkes Netzwerk, in dem sich Leute aus der ganzen Welt befinden.

Gestern habe ich zum Beispiel erfahren, dass eine neue "Connection" und ich das gleiche Interesse für die Filme der Vergangenheit teilen und wir haben uns sehr nett über Zitate, Filme und Schauspieler unterhalten.

Und dann hat man mir eine der schwierigsten Fragen gestellt, welche einer Person, die Filme sehr mag, gestellt werden kann, und zwar welche mein Lieblingsschauspieler und meine Lieblingsschauspielerin sind. Da es für mich nicht möglich ist, eine solche Frage zu beantworten, habe ich mich entschieden, die Frage ein bisschen zu bearbeiten. Ich habe eine Liste von fünf Schauspielern und fünf Schauspielerinnen, die  in Filmen aus dem klassischen Hollywood gearbeitet haben und die ich sehr mag, erstellt.

Die Rede ist hier von Schauspielern und nicht von Filmstars, weil meine Liste sonst ganz anders wäre. Gleichzeitig ist es trotzdem schwer für mich, nur fünf Namen auszuwählen und ich konnte viele Schauspieler, die ich wirklich sehr mag, nicht berücksichtigen.

Das ist auf jeden Fall meine Liste:

Schauspieler: 
#1. Paul Newman 
#2. Marlon Brando 
#3. Al Pacino 
#4. Michael Caine 
#5. James Stewart 

Schauspielerinnen: 
#1. Marlene Dietrich 
#2. Katharine Hepburn 
#3. Lillian Gish 
#4. Shirley MacLaine 
#5. Audrey Hepburn 

Habt Ihr eine "top five" für Eure Lieblingsschauspieler/innen aus der Vergangenheit?

--
LinkedIn rappresenta per me uno strumento davvero utile e una grande occasione per incontrare professionisti interessanti e ricchi di talento. Quando ricevo un invito su LinkedIn considero un aspetto molto importante dell'invito stesso il trovare un modo personalizzato per rimanere in contatto con le mie connections e per arrivare a conoscerle meglio.
Non mi interessa collezionare connections, ma creare un network di rilievo, costituito da persone provenienti da tutto il mondo.

Ieri ho scoperto per esempio che una delle mie nuove connections e io condividiamo la passione per i vecchi film e abbiamo parlato in modo davvero piacevole di citazioni, film e attori. 

A un certo punto mi è stata rivolta una delle domande più difficili che un appassionato di cinema possa sentirsi porre: Quali sono il mio attore e la mia attrice preferiti? Dato che so benissimo che non è assolutamente possibile per me rispondere a una domanda posta in questi termini, ho cambiato un po' la domanda e ho preparato una lista di cinque attori e cinque attrici che ammiro che abbiano lavorato in film classici hollywoodiani.
Stiamo parlando di attori e non di divi del cinema, perché altrimenti la lista sarebbe ancora diversa, eppure è difficile per me scegliere solo cinque nomi e ho dovuto "dimenticarmi" di tantissimi attori che amo davvero.

Ecco qui la mia lista, in ogni caso:

Attori:
#1. Paul Newman 
#2. Marlon Brando 
#3. Al Pacino 
#4. Michael Caine 
#5. James Stewart 

Attrici: 
#1. Marlene Dietrich 
#2. Katharine Hepburn 
#3. Lillian Gish 
#4. Shirley MacLaine 
#5. Audrey Hepburn 

E voi? Avete una top five per i vostri attori e/o attrici del passato preferiti?


Previous post:

Tags: LinkedIn, LinkedIn invitation, LinkedIn Einladung, invito su Linkedin, Network, Netzwerk, Top five, Actor, Actress, Schauspieler, Schauspielerin, Attore, Attrice, Hollywood

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to LinkedIn connection requests as well. I like to get them because they are usually from professionals I have had a good working relationship with in the past. I have been out of work for a while and my connections remind me what it used to be like to have a job. My LinkedIn netiquette may be different than yours, but we both share a passion for the network.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey David,

    thanks for your comment!
    Yes, I agree. Networking is a very beautiful thing and can make a person happy or help someone by staying motivated in a difficult moment.

    What is the most important aspect of LinkedIn, in your opinion?

    ReplyDelete