Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Friday, December 28, 2012

LinkedIn, a powerful network and my top-five of actors and actresses from the classical Hollywood

I consider LinkedIn a very useful tool and a great website that offers plenty of chances for meeting interesting and talented professionals. 
When I get a LinkedIn invitation, I see the invitation itself as a very important part of finding a personal way to stay in touch with my connections and getting to know them better.
I don´t collect connections, I create a powerful network including people from all around the world instead.

Just yesterday I found out that one of my new connections and I share the same passion for classic movies, for example, and we exchanged opinions about quotes, great Hollywood directors, and actors in a very pleasant way.

[One can't talk about classic movies without talking about it:

And then I got one of the most difficult questions that someone fond of movies can get:


Who is my favorite actor and who is my favorite actress? 


Since I know that it is not possible for me to reply to this question, I decided to change it a little and I made a list of five actors and five actresses who I admired in classical Hollywood movies from the past.
I am talking about actors and not about film stars. Otherwise, the list would be different once again. And yet it's difficult for me to choose only five names and I had to "forget" a lot of actors which I really love.

Here's my list, anyway:

[Paul Leonard Newman, 
1925-2008]

Actors: 
#1. Paul Newman 
#2. Marlon Brando 
#3. Al Pacino 
#4. Michael Caine 
#5. James Stewart 


[Marie Magdalene "Marlene" Dietrich, 
1901-1992]


Actresses: 
#1. Marlene Dietrich 
#2. Katharine Hepburn 
#3. Lillian Gish 
#4. Shirley MacLaine 
#5. Audrey Hepburn 

Do you have a top-five of your favorite actors and/or actresses from the past?

PS. This one is for Matt, a great Harvey fan.

Tags: LinkedIn, LinkedIn invitation, Networking, Actor, Actress, Classic Hollywood

What to read next:
Do you want me to accept your LinkedIn invitation? Pay attention to these five things

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!
Where to start, if you are new