Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mood: No Regrets - Part II, Feat. Henry David Thoreau

Make the most of your regrets; never smother your sorrow, but tend and cherish it till it comes to have a separate and integral interest. To regret deeply is to live afresh.
Henry David Thoreau [1817-1862]

Personally I consider Henry David Thoreau's prose still amazingly modern, vibrating and fresh.
After almost 150 years I can still find myself in his words, in his sentences, in his desire for a more authentic life.


And yet it's not so easy to make the most of your own regrets. 
People should be deeply honest with themselves, in order to achieve it.

Are you able to do it?

--
Traete il meglio dai vostri rimorsi, non soffocate mai la vostra tristezza. Prendetevene cura e apprezzatela, invece, fino a che diventerà una fonte di interesse a sé stante. Avere dei grandi rimorsi significa vivere di nuovo.
Henry David Thoreau [1817-1862]

Considero la prosa di Henry David Thoreau ancora incredibilmente moderna, vibrante e fresca.  Dopo quasi centocinquant'anni posso ancora ritrovarmi nelle sue parole, nelle sue frasi, nel suo desiderio di una vita più autentica.

Eppure non è così facile trarre il meglio dai propri rimorsi.
Le persone dovrebbero essere profondamente oneste con se stesse, per poterci riuscire.

Ne siete in grado?

Previous post:
Mood: No Regrets - Part I, Feat. Katharine Hepburn

Tags: Henry David Thoreau, Literature, Letteratura, Regrets, Rimorsi, People, Persone, Quotes, Citazioni