Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lady Gaga as a meteor? A huge but

Yesterday I was reading the celebrities' quotes collected in The Top 10 Celebrities Who Hate Lady Gaga. It doesn't matter that actually most of them didn't hate her and that they are saying nothing more than 'her music sucks, she's a meteor, she is not going to last'.
She's copying Madonna and Grace Jones, they say.

I can't agree or disagree, because I've never heard a single note from her, just seen photos and posters. I can only say that I don't like her outfits and she's too artificial, in my humble opinion.


[Unusual outfits and everything bigger than life...
This is Lady Gaga's style, dude! Take it or leave it]

But. There is a huge but.

For years people told the same about Madonna and I can't think of anyone else who did in pop music what Madonna has done. No other woman, I mean.
And I'm not writing that because I like Madonna. On the contrary, I don't like her. To put it better, I don't like her any longer.

 [It feels like ages ago:
Madonna in 
Desperately Seeking Susan (1985) by Susan Seidelman]

I was a child when Madonna became famous and everybody said about her the same things people are now saying about Lady Gaga, maybe also worse. And they said that, obviously, Madonna was not going to last.

Now they've all disappeared or they had to take it back and Madonna is like a very powerful corporation. Never underestimate people's bad taste.

Update, October 2014
Meanwhile, I heard a lot of Lady Gaga's songs, of course. They are not so bad, even if I still am not a fan of her.

She is for sure a great marketing guru and I admire her for that. She can do a pretty good job while promoting herself. Here something interesting to read, about this:
6 Ways to Find an Audience that Hangs on Your Every Word
What Lady Gaga can teach you about creating a following

Tags: Lady Gaga, Madonna, Grace Jones, Gossip, Celebrities, Marketing, Music, People 


What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!