Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sixty-first anniversary of Simone de Beauvoir's 'The Second Sex'

[Simone de Beauvoir, portrait by Henri Cartier-Bresson]

On ne naît pas femme: on le devient.
(One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman)

Simone-Lucie-Ernestine-Marie Bertrand de Beauvoir [1908-1986]
Le deuxième sexe

Today is the sixty-first anniversary of the publication of Simone de Beauvoir's masterpiece, 'The Second Sex'.

The Simone de Beauvoir's book was a powerful invitation to all women to become stronger, indipendent and free. At her time, this was quite impossible, and also inconceivable in some cases, for the great majority of women.
Sixty-one years later, this is still impossible and inconceivable for too many women, all around the world. There's still a lot of work to do. To become a woman is very painful, dangerous and hard, but it's worth the trip.