Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Are you a special snowflake, or just one that is hiding? The crucial difference that defines diversity

"Many people think they are special snowflakes, especially if they put an effort in being different", they say. And probably they are right.

[Which kind of special snowflake are you?
Image credit: REuuN]

Still, I often have the impression that they are missing the very subtle and yet crucial difference between:
- I am being myself, which means that I am not trying at any cost to be like everyone else.
- I am being myself, which means that I am trying at any cost to be unlike everyone else.

Can you spot the difference?
And where's the difference for you?

Most of the time, being different is a challenge. And most of the time, not a funny one.
You can fight against it, trying to conform, whatever the price, and hide behind your fake conformity, or you can embrace your way of being different, see it as an asset and cherish it and make the most out of it, for your and the people around you. 

Using no way as a way, using no limitation as limitation.
Lee Jun-fan, known as Bruce Lee [1940-1973]

Who do you aspire to be? 

This one is for the bounciful M.

Tags: Being different, Diversity, Change of perspective, Self-awareness

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!