Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Friday, June 8, 2018

"How do your fears enjoy their tea?", or the one about dealing with fear and doing the impossible

Do you define yourself while aiming at what you want or while avoiding what you don't want?

What we don't want is often related to our doubts and fears.
And when people ask us what we are afraid of, we often reply with something we learned over time and we are used to say, even if it has probably been a while since the last time we verified if the answer is still up to date and reflects who we are now.
And what we are actually afraid of.

[How do your fears enjoy their tea?
My fears like it without sugar 
and with a teaspoon of ginger or turmeric powder
Thanks to Sonja for the pic!]

Interestingly enough...
What we want is as well more often than not related to our fears.
Above all, the fear of not getting it, not feeling worth it, not being able to achieve it.

What are you afraid of?

What does seem impossible to you, right now?
And what can you get, if you decide to do the impossible and go for it anyway?

It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.
Walter Elias Disney, better known as Walt Disney [1901-1966]

What do you believe would happen, if your fears would become true? 

Which kind of reward is waiting for you, if you decide to go beyond your fears, while acknowledging them, instead of running away?
And, last but not least for me, what if your fears would not be relevant any longer, after all? If you would have outgrown them already, without realizing it yet, since you didn't face them in a long time?

["Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of fear", 
a powerful quote by George Adair, 
often used by Jack Canfield and Will Smith as 
"Everything you want is on the other side of fear"]

In many ways, the last weeks showed me once again that what I am afraid of is often not as scary as I could think and that, if I am brave enough to be vulnerable and face my fears, more often than not, in the long run, I am going to be glad I did it.

What I am afraid of also offers the biggest chance to grow and to change. And to be rewarded for it over time, no strings attached. Even if in the short term it may be no fun at all.

How about you?

PS. This one is for Mario. 
He knows why. 

Tags: Accepting fear, Dealing with fear, Quotes about fear, Outgrowing fear

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!