Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Monday, July 10, 2023

Coaching Monday: Those stories we love to tell

Someone asks us "Can you tell me the story of [blank, insert here what is relevant to you: your life, your career, your brand, your relationship, your summer holiday, your hobby, your adventures]?" and the magic can begin...

​The stories we tell again and again, those are the ones we remember and that shape not only our memories and our past but also our thoughts about ourselves and who we are, about others, and about the world we live in. 

Weekly question from life coach Azzurra Camoglio: "Which of your stories do you love to tell again and again?"
[Among my favorite stories: How I adopted my cat Kim,
my first winter in freezing cold Berlin, 
and how I learned to bake farinata like a pro]

Those stories, no matter the topic or circumstances, become a sort of invisible archive easily accessible to us, a mind palace that we keep visiting in order to share our stories with others, reflect on what happened before, understand what's happening now, and guess what is "therefore" going to happen next. 

We are the stories we tell, and those stories are our past, our present, and our future.  

"Which of your stories do you love to tell again and again?"   
                                                    
Tags: Coaching question, Self-coaching, Self-awareness, Self-reflection, Personal storytelling, Personal brand

What to read next: