Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Just sing it! Sing what? But 'Azzurra', of course!

In Italian, my mother tongue, Azzurra is a very particular and unusual name.

It's absolutely not a biblical or otherwise religious one, it's definitely not a traditional one, it's not even featured in the calendar with all Catholic saints and literally means 'azure' or 'light-blue'. Or, to put it better, 'something female which color is light-blue'.
Yes, you got it right: my name is actually not even a proper name. It is an adjective instead, because Italian adjectives change on the basis of gender and number, like in many other Neo-Latin languages.

[Not only Paolo Conte and Adriano Celentano sing Azzurro...
there is also a peculiar cover 
by the famous German punk band Die toten Hosen]

All my life, I've been asked a lot of stupid questions about it and in particular, if my name does come from Adriano Celentano's song 'Azzurro' (written by Paolo Conte) or from Lucio Battisti's song 'Acqua azzurra, acqua chiara', both very popular in Italy and, I've lately discovered, in Germany too.

[I am sorry, but I had nothing to do 
with the famous Italian yacht racing team 
that took part in the 1983 America's Cup]

Sometimes people ask me even if my name does come from the sailing boat that once has competed in the 1983 America's Cup. I was already six years old, at that time. Yup, I am that old. And proud of it. ;)

[Elvis Presley Vs. Little Tony,
Image credit: Carlo Casale]

You would think, it is a lot already. Me too. But!
Never say never, and always stay cool: today, I've discovered a truly ugly song from Little Tony, an Italian copycat of Elvis Presley.
The title? But Azzurra, of course?!

Tags: Azzurra, Adriano Celentano, Paolo Conte, Azzurro, Lucio Battisti, Acqua azzurra acqua chiara, Colors, Light-blue, America's Cup, Little Tony, Italy, Strange names, Exotic names

What to read next: