Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Coaching, reloaded - Coaching question of the day #24. - New skills ahead

Who doesn't appreciate George Clooney playing Ulysses Everett McGill, charming convict in 1937's Mississippi with the looks (and the haircut) of Clark Gable?!

Even if probably very few people can reach the level of hair obsession of this modern Ulysses in O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000) and could have tons of the imaginary hair pomade Dapper Dan at home like he does, most of us still enjoy looking good and having a good haircut.

So today, for the very first time, I personally cut my partner's hair, at home.
He and his hair survived. :)

["My hair!", aka George Clooney 
as Ulysses Everett McGill]

Even if I'm looking forward to the moment when we will be able again to go getting a haircut like the most normal thing in the world, we are not there yet and we all have to be patient.

Sharing a different kind of experience, doing something for the first time, and grasping the basics of a new skill that, in the long run, could be useful in unexpected situations, has been inspiring and reassuring.

Coaching question of the day: 
"Which new useful skill can you give a try these days?"

Tags: Coaching question, Self-coaching, Self-awareness, Self-improvement, Growth mindset

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!