Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

How I'm learning German, one word at the time

German has a reputation for being a very difficult language to be learned as a foreign language.
Personally, I have not had too many problems while learning German grammar. My biggest problem is - still - how to increase my vocabulary.
In order to really learn the words and to use them effectively, you have to use them and to use them, you must already know them... a vicious circle which it's very difficult to escape from. At least for me.



I have also noticed that, if on a particular occasion, someone tells me a word I don't know yet and this word is perfect for describing the situation itself, I can learn it easily.
So today I learned a new word in German: Spinner. It can mean 'stupid, idiot, nutcase' and I guess I will remember it for a very long time.

PS. Thanks, Keegan!

Tags: Learning a language, Learning new words, Learning from experience

What to read next:
How to lose yourself in the mirror maze of a foreign language... 

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!