Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

"Cry Cry Baby", as Steven Pressfield would say... And he would be right

Is it possible to cry every night even if you're really happy with what are you doing and where are you going? Even if you feel strong, cool, motivated, and brave? Even if you think every minute 'I'm living the life I'm willing to live'?

Oh, yeah. Because it's difficult to live it, even if you're happy with it. The price is sometimes really difficult to pay. Dreams are expensive and it's one of the reasons because they're so precious and rare as well. Not to dream any longer is cheaper and safer, for sure. 


[Dreams can be pretty expensive.
Not dreaming at all is even more expensive]

But how can people live without dreaming?

I think that’s exactly true, Ishita. Like when you wrote me that email describing the MBA program you were a part of and how great it was, but also how challenging it was and that you cried every night. Then you wrote back and said, “Perhaps don’t publish that part?” and I thought it was actually the most charming and most involving part of our conversation about it because when I read that, I literally lit up and I said to myself, “Ah, I can just see it…”

So you’re right. That’s a specific detail that really makes something universal because we all feel, “Yeah, I was crying every night too” at some point in time in our lives.
Steven Pressfield
How Do You Really Do the Work?, 2011

Do you feel like crying? It's ok. You are definitely not alone.
Just cry all your tears, until you have no more tears left. Then wash your face, put on your Sunday clothes, and go out.

For me, it's the best solution.
And for you?

Tags: Emotional pain, Goals setting, Steven Pressfield, Quotes, Grit, Determination, Emotional intelligence

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!