Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Who is your personal guru? Seth Godin? Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa? Or both?

How often do you catch yourself saying that everything is going to be okay?
Or saying that things will be fine, in the end?

In his blog post Nine ideas in search of a blog post, Seth Godin says:

"Everything will be alright" is not the same as "everything will stay the same"

In my humble opinion, he's absolutely right.
This makes life interesting and new, every single day, and, well... this makes me feel alive.
I want to be sure that everything will NOT stay the same. Otherwise, I would feel lost and imprisoned.

Everything will be alright, for sure.
And everything will be alright because almost anything will stay the same. What eigentlich matters is... what will stay the same.
The rest is just a plus. Or something not so important, after all.

[Claudia Cardinale and Alain Delon in
Il Gattopardo by Luchino Visconti]



Everything ok, then? I am not that sure.
One of my favorite Italian books is 'Il Gattopardo', by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa. [Maybe do you know the movie by Luchino Visconti?]
There you can read a very characteristic sentence, that says a lot about Italian mentality:

Bisogna che tutto cambi, perché tutto resti lo stesso. 

That sounds a little bit like "If we want that everything will stay the same, everything needs to change".

This is not what Seth Godin means, of course. The meaning is actually just the opposite of Seth Godin's sentence.
Are both sentences maybe part of everybody's life, at the same time? Or only sometimes?
Which writer would you like to have as your personal guru?

Tags: Seth Godin, Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa, Il Gattopardo, Literature, Quotes

What to read next:
The dark forest one should be aware of, or the only way to become an adult that's really worth it

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!