- I didn't like you.
- Yeah you did. You were just so uptight then. You're much softer now.
(She stops and puts both hands on her waist)
- You know, I hate that kind of remark. It sounds like a compliment, but really it's an insult.
- OK, you're still as hard as nails.
- I just didn't want to sleep with you, and you had to write it off as a character flaw instead of dealing with the possibility that it might have something to do with you.
- What's the statute of limitations on apologies?
- Ten years.
- Ooh. I can just get it in under the wire.
I like to hear that my dress is elegant, that my makeup is perfect, that I did a good job, that I said something interesting, that I am a fantastic friend.
I like to be appreciated.
When someone tells me something nice, I usually smile and say "Thank you!". And I mean it every single time.
"You are so beautiful, you look great! Every time that I see you, you are even more beautiful than the previous one. Well, you don't have children, so you have for sure plenty of time to take care of your appearance".
Everybody is free to do what one considers the right option for himself/herself in this instance.
Quando ha senso chiedere scusa?