Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Monday, June 18, 2018

Paying compliments? Accepting compliments? It's not that easy, apparently... #1. The badass shy guy

"NERD? I prefer the term Intellectual Badass!"


"I beg your pardon, can I take a pic of your t-shirt?"
Long, awkward silence follows. 

"What for?" (the young man that crossed my path on the street is now looking at me, very skeptical and mistrustful)
"Because it's super cool!" (and of course for the blog, for all of you, folks...)
He smiles like I would have said, he would be the most handsome man in the world. Literally, his smile is shining and all that jazz. And then...

[Here you have it, anyway. And even in purple...
But it is not the same feeling as taking a pic on the street...
Image credit: Spreadshirt Media]

He says no.
He looks at me, suddenly shy and insecure again, and goes: "No, I'm sorry", then he turns away and leaves, as fast as he can, without giving me the time necessary for saying something, anything.

And I stay there for a minute, puzzled and busy while asking myself why accepting a compliment, no strings attached, is so hard and icky for so many people and how is it possible that a terrific smiling face could turn into a suspicious scared face within a couple of seconds...

(To be continued)

Tags: T-shirts wisdom, Accepting compliments, Self-esteem, Human dynamics

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!