Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Which role are you going to take, and how are you going to be an (unforgettable) agent of change?

"From now on, you are going to be my mentor".
"I would not have been able to do that without you".
"After talking to you, I see this with new eyes".
"Everything changed since the first time we met".

What an honor to be thankful for.

Sometimes you can't have it all, you can't have the cake and eat it too and you can't have the role you would like to, in the life of someone important to you.
But you may be able to have another one, and to change their life for the better, and for good. 

To be an agent of change, and to spread love and hope around you, without expecting anything in return, just because this is who you want to be.

[Who do I want to be, 
as a woman and as a person,
and which kind of emotions, thoughts, and states of mind
do I want to share with people and to spread in the world?
Pic: Me, June 2018 © Andrea Ruttmann]

Giving something without expectations, and seeing someone's happiness and fulfillment as your main purpose is very rewarding, even if not always easy or painless.
Knowing, from the very beginning, that you are bringing change in someone's life and you are probably not going to stay for the last dance, can be bittersweet, and yet beautiful.

Helping someone to grow and to be better off, even if this will lead to you not being part of their life anymore or being just someone in the background, from that moment on, can be your way of paying it forward, for the best. And I learn myself that, so far, it has always been the best thing to do, in the long run.

["When I do good, I feel good.
When I do bad, I feel bad. 
That's my religion" (Abraham Lincoln)
And that's what a cool lifestyle is made of, Abe]

People able to love and live like this are rare and unforgettable.
Because we can't stop to be thankful for the ways they change our lives for the better.

This is what I call true, selfless love.
Are you going to take the part?

PS. This one is for Closer.
Wherever he is right now, I wish him to be happy as he helped me to become, while changing my life for good and while teaching me how to do the same for other people.

Tags: Agent of change, Selfless love, Quotes, Doing the right thing, Mindfulness, Self-awareness, Taking responsibility, Way of living

What to read next:
The kind of party everyone would go for, or why one should just let go, and love 

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha! 
Where to start, if you are new