Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Singleness made in Berlin - #7. One single smile, no strings attached, is enough to...

The blond, tall, handsome guy that is about to cross my path on the street while I am going to work is looking at me.
I'm wearing black shorts, black ankle boots, and a purple tank top. I have my pin-up sunglasses on and my indigo blue hair is incredibly curly today.

And now, ladies & gents, he is going for sure to react to me like most people do and like at least fifty people already did today, right?
We all know that this is what is going to happen, right?

[Are you able to smile at strangers,
to make the first move, to go all in,
no strings attached?]

Wrong.
He looks at me. He looks at me like if his eyes would be able to scan every part of me and to go beyond that within seconds, he tilts his head to the left in a cheeky way, then he suddenly moves the head again as if he would meet someone he knows already and greet them and then... he smiles at me. A sunny, authentic, open-hearted, charming smile. No strings attached.

And it's the best smile I have seen in weeks, ladies & gents.

And I smile as well. And I feel seen. As a woman. As a person. As a human being. Not just as a tattooed wonder woman.

Even if I will probably never see the guy again, he helps me remembering something very important.
It doesn't matter how many people are going to look at you or treat you in a weird way.
You are better off if you are not going to forget that the next person you meet can still smile at you, and make your day. 

Tags: Self-acceptance, Smiling at strangers, Life as a polarizer

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!