Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Saturday, December 29, 2018

One coaching question a day - #15. What about your path?

"It just happened to me".
While hearing people talking about their life this way, I usually cringe. Even more, if they are talking about bad things happening to them and about how they merely spent time reacting to the circumstances, without owning any aspect of the experience.

[How does your path look like, 
or to put it better, how do you want it to look like?]

Things can happen to you or for you, depending on your mindset and perspective. 
That is the most important difference between thinking that you can only take things as they are and blame the circumstances, without having any impact on the situation, and thinking that you can take responsibility for yourself and your decisions and attitude, even when things don't always go your way.

How do you create your own path and in which direction are you headed? Who's choosing the direction? Are you adjusting it over time, if needed?
How fast are you going, if you are moving at all, and why so?

Tags: Coaching questions, Creating your path, Mindset, Taking responsibility, Self-awareness

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!