Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Monday, August 7, 2023

Coaching Monday: Taking your gut feeling seriously

Many people (myself included) swear by it, others seem to doubt its existence and/or efficacy, and others would love to use it more for big and small decisions, but have lost the connection to it (or never had one to begin with).
We can call it "gut feeling", "instinct", "sixth sense", "or intuition", and come up with plenty of other names regularly. 

If you ask me, that happens when we were not taught to listen to it in the first place, or when for whatever reason we decided, at some point, that we could not trust our gut, or that decision-making is all about facts and figures and other elements are not relevant. 

Weekly question from life coach Azzurra Camoglio: "How often do you take your gut feeling seriously?"
[Your mileage may vary, but if you ask me,
the answer to this question should be: "Daily"]

And yet, I am sure that each of us said at least once in life: "I should have trusted my gut. Deep down, I knew that something was off, but I ignored it".

The good news is that we can always learn to trust our gut more, step by step, one decision at a time. It may require some effort, and that's okay.
The secret is creating new habits and reinforcing them consistently: taking our gut feeling into account before making a decision, asking ourselves how we feel about it, then taking the answer seriously and, if possible, acting on it. Decisions taken this way are very seldom the ones we end up regretting.


"How often do you take your gut feeling seriously?"   
                                                    
Tags: Coaching question, Self-coaching, Self-awareness, Self-reflection, Gut feeling, Decision-making

What to read next: