Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

The way you should not end your phone calls, no matter how tempted you could be

A couple of seconds of embarrassed silence, not that many, maybe not even three or four. And yet, they are more than enough.

"We'll stay in touch by phone", he says at last. His voice sounds so different, like the voice of a stranger. 
And we both know that no, we are not going to do so.

[White lies? Thanks, but no, thanks.
I am a big girl, I can handle the truth.
Pic: Me, December 2018 © Radoslaw Kosiada

We use white lies without even realizing it, most of the time, or while thinking that they are innocuous and can keep us from hurting people around us. 
People around us are better off if we say something we don't mean and that sounds somehow awkward, right?

Nope, they are not.
The next time you are telling someone that they are going to call, say it because you mean it. Or not say it at all.

Tags: Friendship, White lies, Absolute honesty, Self-awareness, Human dynamics, Cherishing a connection

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!