Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Coaching, reloaded - Coaching question of the day #134. - Your money, as a customer

When thinking rationally, we like to believe that money is about money and that money is also something rational.
More often than not, money is actually something emotionally loaded, and not always in a good way.

Journalist Shira Ovide gets it right when she says: "Use your money to support a world you want", but this sentence is not only about ethical consumerism, minimalism, or social justice. It is also about our own self-worth.

[Waiting for hours, people being rude or bossy,
repeated lost items, customer service missing in action?
No, thanks!]

Every time that a service provider, a supplier, a business of any size treats us poorly, we can decide to stay and let that happen, to complain and give them a second chance, or to vote with our wallet, and to walk away.



If we go for the latter, one of my favorite figures of speech in this context is "bringing one's business elsewhere" because this is exactly what I do, when I have the impression that my money and my time would be treated better somewhere else.
In doing so, we don't give our power as a customer away, and in the long-term, we reward the service providers able to appreciate us. It sounds like a win-win, to me.

Coaching question of the day:
"Which services are worth your money as a customer?"

Tags: Coaching question, Self-coaching, Self-awareness, Self-reflection, Money reframing, Customer habits, Customer awareness

What to read next:
Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!