Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Coaching, reloaded - Coaching question of the day #322. - Your definition of elegance

Today, someone asked me out of the blue what elegance means to me.
And I have to confess that I was taken aback, even if just for a moment. It was the kind of moment like "Uhm, I know exactly what it means for me but how can I convey it?".

I could go for classic Hollywood comedies from the 40s and Busby Berkeley musical choreographies. 
I could go for Elsa Schiaparelli or Paul Poiret.
I could go for Scandinavian design or Erté.
I could go for practically almost every Italian historical building or something Art Déco.


[Elegance? Something I found difficult to digest for many years,
before I was able to rediscover it in a new, more personal way]

I could go...
And then I realized that replying "I recognize it when I see it" or just saying that elegance for me has nothing to do with luxury objects or money would not be enough.

I can define elegance as an expression of something “beautiful in a simple, refined way, and as an expression of a clean and timeless style”. 
And yet, this would only be my definition, related to my personal experience, my background, my story. It tells something about me more than it tells something about elegance per se.

For each person, the answer may vary. What's yours?

Coaching question of the day: 
"How do you define elegance?"                            
                                                    
Tags: Coaching question, Self-coaching, Self-awareness, Self-reflection, Elegance, Definition of elegance, Diversity

What to read next:
Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!