Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Sunday, March 21, 2021

Coaching, reloaded - Coaching question of the day #375. - Without missing a beat

If you would ask me to name one of the most disappointing movies I have seen in the last ten years, I could reply without hesitation.
The answer would be for sure Happy-Go-Lucky (2008) by Mike Leigh.

It got raves when it first came out and it has been a huge item in my "movies to catch up" list for years, and when I saw it, at last, I was not impressed at all.
Not because it was such a terrible movie itself, truth to be told, but probably way more because of the high expectations I had for it.


[In my case? Spam, passive-aggressive behavior,
unsolicited requests, other people's assumptions...
How about you?]

The only two things I liked about it were:
- the scenes about the flamenco classes (but that's a story for another day);
- the truly carefree and easy-going attitude of the main character, Poppy, as played by the amazing Sally Hawkins. Happy-go-lucky indeed.

I suppose everyone would like to have the same kind of relaxed attitude and quick-wittedness in spite of difficult situations, blockers, problems, challenges, interruptions, or other types of disruption. 

Fiction aside, where are we good at it already, in real life? 
Where can we be proud of our coolness and resourcefulness, no matter how stressful a day can be?

Coaching question of the day: 
"What can you deal with without missing a beat?"                       
                                                    
Tags: Coaching question, Self-coaching, Self-awareness, Self-reflection, Happy-Go-Lucky, Carefree attitude, Self-efficacy, Emotional intelligence

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!