Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Monday, March 22, 2021

Coaching, reloaded - Coaching question of the day #376. - The dating question that can be used in many other settings as well

"You are crazy, sometimes", he says while he's laughing, which is usually a very good sign during a coaching session.
"Yes, I am", I smile. Because I am happy. And because I am crazy, in my own way.
It took me so many years to learn that's a good thing. To some extent.

According to Alain de Botton, "And how are you crazy?" could and should become "a standard question on any early dinner date", and if you ask me, it makes a lot of sense (besides the fact that right now going on a dinner date could be rather problematic because of the pandemic...).


[Play with this question and have fun with it.
Afterwards, you will be glad that you did]

No matter the actual circumstances, the question is still revealing and interesting and some of the following variants could also be quite powerful during a job interview at a later stage in the recruiting process, a business meeting between two potential partners, and a relaxed small-talk round at a networking event:

Which are your crazy sides?
Which are your quirky habits?
Which are the things that just someone in love with you would be able to deal with regularly?

Why these questions? 
Because every day we are in contact with plenty of people in many different roles and situations, and with some of them, we spend a huge amount of time on a daily basis, it doesn't matter whether in person or online. 

Trying to see ourselves from the outside, as if we would be describing something unusual and peculiar to another person in order to give them something like a user's manual about us is the best way to get to know ourselves. And it's also quite fun.

Coaching question of the day: 
"What should people know about you?"

Tags: Coaching question, Self-coaching, Self-awareness, Self-reflection, Self-acceptance, Being one of a kind, Embracing quirkiness, Alain de Botton

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!

Swiss-born British philosopher Alain de Botton on the quirky ways love messes up with us while we are busy choosing a partner: