Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

After the New Year's resolutions madness is over, that's when your new year actually begins... together with the wisdom of Henry Ford

The first 15 days of 2019 just flew by and so many people already forgot 2018. 
And yet, thinking about the year that just ended and what made it adventurous, beautiful, difficult, interesting, challenging, surprising, and unique can be a good way to start fresh in 2019, to gain some perspective and to better define which the priorities for this shiny 2019 are going to be.

[How is this brand new year actually going to be?
There are so many options and possibilities to discover!
And that's pretty awesome, if you ask me.
Pics: Me, December 2018 © Radoslaw Kosiada]

Yes, exactly in the mid of January, when the whole New Year's resolutions madness is already over and we are all back to reality and to day-to-day life. Exactly now, when the new year doesn't feel "that" new any longer and yet there are so many options and possibilities waiting to be discovered, and so many life lessons to be learned.

Three powerful quotes by Henry Ford will explain this in the best way, so here they are:

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.

In 2018  I cried, laughed, lived, loved, suffered, learned, changed, adapted. And failed.
Failed a lot of times, almost every day. Every day, actually. And every day I learned something new, most of the time immediately useful, sometimes not that useful in the short run, and yet absolutely precious in the long run. 
And if you ask me, I hope that 2019 will have as well a fair share of the same magic in store for me.


[In which direction do you want to look, this year?
Forward or backward? Where's your focus?
And where do you want it to be?]

Sure thing, I am not the same person I was a year ago, and I consider this fact the most important and revealing one of the whole year that left us a couple of weeks ago, because it's the new me that is going to go through 2019 thanks to all that the old me learned and experienced in 2018, and I couldn't be more thankful for this priceless gift.

Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger, even though sometimes it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.



[A beautiful portrait of Henry Ford.
This gentleman knew a thing or two 
about how to make a point and to deliver a good speech]

I know three different versions of my favorite one. I hope that, among them, you are going to discover which one resonates best with you. 

#1. It’s your thinking that decides whether you´re going to succeed or fail.

#2. Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right.
#3. Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right.

Henry Ford [1863-1947]

Welcome, 2019. You are for sure going to be unforgettable. You have already been.

This one is for Niklas, that knows very well that the best things in life are the ones you were definitely not expecting, and yet happen anyway.

Tags: New Year's resolutions, Empowering quotes, Self-awareness, Henry Ford, Motivation, Purposeful living, Self-care, Growth, Quotes

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!