Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

What kind of observer's point of view are you choosing for yourself?, or the one with Goofy

A quote I know only in Italian, and that apparently has been ascribed to the Italian version of Disney's Goofy, called Pippo, goes like this:

È strano come una discesa, vista dal basso, somigli tanto a una salita.
In English, it could sound like 'It's very strange how a journey downhill, if seen from below, looks so similar to a journey uphill'.

[A journey uphill or downhill?
Image credit: Mike Putnam Photography]

It helps me every day to remember that very often almost everything in life, it doesn't matter if we are talking about a situation, a job, or a relationship, has no unique "meaning" and the way we see it depends on the observer's point of view we are choosing for ourselves.
Even if we don't know we're choosing one.

I am convinced that we can apply the same concept to people. What do I mean?
Often, in the past, I thought that I was 'too much' [put your favorite "difficult" adjective here] for some people around me, but over the years I learned that sometimes some people are simply "not enough" for me.

What's your observer's point of view?
What is too much, or not enough?

Tags: Perception, Point of view, Reframing, Quotes, Self-awareness

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!